Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rosie Rocks "The View"

Sometimes I only watch "Hot Topics," but I do enjoy "The View" with Rosie O'Donnell as one of the panelists. I notice Barbara Walters cringing more often than before, but the show is livlier and a bit more fun these days. Admittedly, it's hard for the others to get a word in edgewise with the verbose O'Donnell, who often outshouts the others, but, as a compromise, Rosie has suggested extending "Hot Topics" from two to three segments per show. I think that's a great idea, especially if they're discussing a truly hot topic. They are often more entertaining than the guests!

Having said that, I think they have all the panelists they need on the show, but if they must bring on a fifth member, my vote goes to Shon Gables, former local (NYC) newswoman and radio personality, who more than held her own with the ladies a few weeks ago. Gayle King's name has been mentioned, but I think she's busy with the O magazine, not to mention the satellite radio show, "Oprah and Friends."

I just hope Rosie will stop insisting on using a mug her kids made for her and conform with the other ladies after this month is over (they're all using special "View" mugs to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month). She has gotten her own way with changes such as daily audience gifts, confetti, and other things. Let's refrain from being different just because we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home