Friday, February 09, 2007

A Train Wreck Waiting to Happen

The news of Anna Nicole Smith's death at the age of 39 saddened me. Not because I was a fan, but because it was another case of a person surrounded by leeches who overlooked self-destructive behavior as long as the money kept rolling in.

Elvis Presley comes immediately to mind. He was constantly among the guys/hangers-on known as "The Memphis Mafia," yet no one noticed his extreme appetities when it came to food and pills? Come on! (If there's any solace to be found in the tragedy that Elvis became, it's that "The Memphis Mafia" was left with very little -- which was certainly more than they deserved.)

Where were Whitney Houston's loved ones during the horror that was her marriage to Bobby Brown? Perhaps Clive Davis, her original mentor, can help her come back from that disaster. I hope so.

There are many more examples, but please find them for yourself; I'm too disgusted to continue. Smith has been dead less than 24 days, and they've already sold footage of her inert (and, reportedly, not visible) body being wheeled out on a gurney. The same people who were less than decent to her in life soldier on. How pathetic.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rona said...

Given your comments, I'll think you'll appreciate just how offensive this e-mail I received today is:
To Rona Gindin,

Hello! My name is Nitin Chhoda and I am a fitness professional based in Hackensack, NJ. I would like to suggest a fitness story idea - The death of Anna Nicole-Smith, which begs the question - What is the long term impact of yo-yo weight loss coupled with weight loss stimulants?
Millions in America are going through the same crises. If you would like to do this story or hear my views, please contact me at nitin@totalactivation.com

Regards,

Nitin Chhoda
www.toningforwomen.com/media.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home