Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Own Pursuit of Happyness

Looking over my most recent entries, I see they are decidedly serious. Therefore, here's some fun stuff:

1. I just got tickets to see THE WHO at Nassau Coliseum! First of all, I LOVE going to Nassau. It's so much easier than Madison Square Garden and the Meadowlands (not quite as easy as Westbury Music Fair, but it's much larger and gets bigger acts). They haven't been doing as many concerts at Nassau as they used to, so I was absolutely delighted when I saw this on the Daily News calendar for March. The tickets are side stage, upper level, but it doesn't matter. I've seen The Who three times (my first was their legendary performance of "Tommy" at Lincoln Center; I believe I was all of nine years old), and this will be the first time without bassist John Entwhistle. However, their best post-Keith Moon drummer, Zak Starkey, will be behind the skins, and he has ten times the drumming skills of his legendary dad (BTW, that would be Ringo Starr!). I'm going with my fellow Who-lover, BennyO, and we should have a blast. Time to start listening to some Who CDs!

2. Rod Stewart will be at Nassau in May, and I am working on getting tickets for that, too.

3. Business is taking me to Munich...in October! Not only will I get to see some dear friends who live outside the city, but I'll have a better-than-excellent chance of drinking beer at the Oktoberfest! (When I last went, it was the closing weekend, and it was totally packed...if you didn't have a seat, you didn't get served. I made two visits/attempts, and left Oktoberfest beerless. What a sin.)

4. Planning a girl's weekend in New Orleans with two dear friends. We'll stay at a lovely B&B I discovered a few years back, right inside the French Quarter. Lessez les bon temps roulez!

5. Erin and Miko are getting married! The night before my birthday! So, I can party hard with plenty of friends, then crash at the hotel, having celebrated their wedding and my birthday in one fell swoop. Niiiice.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen... I am sooooooo jealous that you are going to see The Who!! I've never seen them and I didn't even know they were touring. I was too busy waiting to hear if Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth could work something out but... NO!! EErrr!! Enjoy the show! CLJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home