Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Smile Broadly When...

1. I'm proven right. This will likely be the last chance I get to crow about this one, so listen up: The Screen Actors Guild just gave the award for Best Actor in a TV Movie/Mini-Series to Geoffrey Rush for "The Life And Death of Peter Sellers." (happy dance)

2. there's a cat purring in my lap. It's usually Moochie, though Scraps and Spunky Bastard have been known to snuggle up beside me, also purring. Moochie is THE lap cat, though. And a love bug. She stretches up and tilts her head for a kiss, and not just to me; also to visiting friends. Maybe she's just a kitty slut.

3. things work out nicely. I just scored fifth row seats for Liza Minnelli in two weeks, and two sold-out tickets for Elvis Costello. What's really cool about the latter one (and, yes, my musical taste IS wide and varied) is that it's at the House of Blues in New Orleans, so I'll be flying down for the weekend and hanging with my cousin, who had the clout to snag the tickets. Trust me, it'll be a mega-blast!

4. great things happen to great people. A friend of mine just got word from her doctor that she has absolutely nothing wrong with her liver. About a year ago, her liver numbers went flying off the chart for reasons that have yet to be discovered/proven, so she's been going through hell. Plus, I lost a drinking buddy for a while. We'll be cracking open a bottle of red to toast her health, and I mean SOON!

5. I reconnect with an old friend. And it's as if days, not years, have passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home